Premium Jasmine Dragon Pearls Green Tea
Jasmine “ Dragon Pearls ” is a deliciously sweet green tea that combines the absolute highest quality green tea with a jasmine aroma and taste. Made from unopened bud and small leaf, this tea hand rolled into small balls, which slowly unfurl during brewing, releasing an amazing taste and aroma combination of green tea and sweet jasmine. Brewing a cup of this sweet, fragrant tea only requires a few tiny pearls! Here are some facts about this tea:
- Green tea from Fuding(福鼎), Fujian, China.
- A bold sweet tea, with a subtle jasmine aroma
- Low levels of caffeine.
- Put 3 grams of tea in a 250 ml teacup
- Add water at 85 degrees Celsius
- Let steep for 5-8 minutes
- Pour into your glass cup with infuser and enjoy your green tea!
- You can re-steep the same serving of tea several times for different flavours!
Chinese Gongfu Method:
- Use 4 grams of tea with a 110 ml gaiwan.
- Use water at 85 degrees celsius.
- The first steep is used to rinse the tea/teacup.
- The second steep is for 40s.
- The third steep is for 60s.
- The fourth steep is for 70s.
- The fifth steep is for 120s.
- The sixth steep is for 180s.
Our Jasmine Dragon Pearl green tea is a completely handcrafted, premium quality green tea, that is not only an absolutely fantastic drink, but also an elegant work of art to watch brew. When dry, this pearl shaped tea is olive coloured with obvious silver tips. Its production is a long, involved process. The tea buds and leaves are carefully picked in Spring, dried and then stored and kept cool until the jasmine flowers bloom. The night blooming jasmine flowers are picked early each morning while the petals are still closed. Kept cool during the day, in the early evening the flowers begin opening with a popping sound, indicating they are ready to be mixed in with the dried tea. After about 5 hours the flowers are removed and the tea carefully dried for 4 to 5 days. This scenting process is then repeated with fresh flowers a total of 7 times, in the end producing this amazing tea that takes over a month to make! 1 lb of finished Dragon Pearl tea will use about 4 lbs of jasmine flowers during this arduous process. The end result is an absolutely amazing tea, and one of EzTea's top sellers.