Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder
Certified USDA organic! This is a classic organic matcha green tea powder with a fresh, attractive taste that is brisk and slightly bitter, but with a quick change to a sweet aftertaste. Here are some facts about this matcha:
- Origin: Wuyuan County, Jiangxi Province, China
- Season: Spring Tea
- Harvest Date: April 25, 2017
- Appearance: 1000 mu fine and smooth powders in jade green color
- Aroma: Sweet, vegetal smell, similar with sea sedge aroma
- Liquor: Vibrantly Green
- Taste: Fresh, with an attractive taste that is brisk and slight bitter but quickly turn to sweet aftertaste
- Tea Bush: Soubei, Zhaori, and Zhaolu
- Caffeine: Low caffeine (less than 10% of a cup of coffee)
- Storage: Store in airtight, opaque packaging; keep refrigerated
- Shelf life: 18 months
Use 2g Matcha powder and 60-70 ml water of 60℃ to 80℃
When brewing Matcha, you need to use a Chasen (tea whisk, 茶筅 in chinese) to stir the tea liquid to bring out rich bubble and fresh flavor.
Matcha is made from Green Tea which is typically shade-grown and harvested in May, and the stems and veins are removed in processing. Then the tea buds and leaves are lightly steamed to prevent fermentation, thus developing the bright green color of the young tea leaves and sweet, vegetal flavor. This process inhibits the leaves from receiving vital nutrients and as a result, more chlorophyll is produced. You will get the sweet, vegetal smell to it; this comes from the amino acid called L-Theanine, again produced by the shade growing process. It is the L-Theanine which gives matcha nice, clean-drinking and green tea taste. The very top should have developing leaves that are soft and supple. This gives a finer texture to higher grades of matcha.