Organic Huang Shan Mao Feng Green Tea
Certified USDA organic! Our organic Huang Shan Mao Feng tea comes from Xiuning County, which is a nationally renowned organic tea-producing county in China. Only the one bud and one leaf or one bud with two leaves is allowed to be hand-plucked for making this tea. To make this tea, the plucking and processing procedures must be completed in the same day. This tea has delightful fresh aroma and can give you a comfortable smooth, sweet drinking feeling rolling over the tongue without any bitterness.
- Grown in Xiuning, Huang Shan, Anhui
- From the Yutian Tea Garden
- Not fermented
Organic Certificate: Certificate
- Put 3 grams of tea in a 250 ml teapot
- Add water at 80 degrees Celsius
- Let steep for 3-5 minutes
- Pour into your glass cup and enjoy your organic huang shan mao feng green tea!
- You can re-steep the same serving of tea several times for different flavours! Save 1/3 of the remaining tea before re-brewing for the best results.
Chinese Gongfu Method:
- Use 4 grams of tea with a 110 ml gaiwan.
- Use water at 80 degrees celsius.
- The first steep is used to rinse the tea.
- The second steep is for 65s.
- The third steep is for 80s.
- The fourth steep is for 85s.
Due to it's ideal tea growing environment of high mountains, cool weather and cloudy weather, the area around Mt. HuangShan in Anhui has been used to cultivate high quality tea for centuries. Modern HuangShan MaoFeng tea however traces its roots back to the late 1800's and a merchant called Xie Zheng An, who fled the war at the time and decided to setup a family tea business at HuangShan Mountain. Naming it after where it was produced – HuangShan mountain – and its appearance – looking like a fur covered mountain peak - the tea his family produced quickly became very popular in China due to its excellent quality, great taste and fantastic aroma.